Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sunday School

This Christmas season is the one-year mark of when God started making big changes in my heart and life.  Actually, He started months before then.  But this time a year ago was when I really started to see it. 

The changes have been nearly palpable.  A year ago I wanted to live in bed and had to force myself to work and church.

Next week I start teaching Sunday School.  (Voluntarily.)

I don't know that I have any real point to this post other than to ask for your prayers as I go into this endeavor.  We will be going through the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  I've been through this book at least twice on my own now, and I can honestly say it had led to huge changes in my life.  It has pointed me to my Creator and helped ignite a new desire for Him.  It's an incredible and powerful thing, and I want each person in our class to experience it too.

Specific prayer requests:
  • For the Spirit to soften and prepare hearts to receive His truth
  • For people to come whom God wants to be there (we currently average 6-8)
  • For hearts and minds to welcome thoughts and ideas that are a little non-traditional and possibly controversial
  • For people to actually read their books during the week
  • For people to act on any convictions of the Spirit
  • For lives to be transformed and changed
  • For each of us to incorporate into this study the practice of prayer from our last study
  • For wisdom as I present this material, and for only God's truth to come out of my mouth
  • For a renewed energy and passion of this material so I can commit the necessary time and effort toward preparation 
I truly appreciate your prayers!  If you are willing to commit to remembering us, please continue praying through the next three months or so.  I am excited to see how God works and changes lives through this study!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails