The changes have been nearly palpable. A year ago I wanted to live in bed and had to force myself to work and church.
Next week I start teaching Sunday School. (Voluntarily.)
I don't know that I have any real point to this post other than to ask for your prayers as I go into this endeavor. We will be going through the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I've been through this book at least twice on my own now, and I can honestly say it had led to huge changes in my life. It has pointed me to my Creator and helped ignite a new desire for Him. It's an incredible and powerful thing, and I want each person in our class to experience it too.
Specific prayer requests:
- For the Spirit to soften and prepare hearts to receive His truth
- For people to come whom God wants to be there (we currently average 6-8)
- For hearts and minds to welcome thoughts and ideas that are a little non-traditional and possibly controversial
- For people to actually read their books during the week
- For people to act on any convictions of the Spirit
- For lives to be transformed and changed
- For each of us to incorporate into this study the practice of prayer from our last study
- For wisdom as I present this material, and for only God's truth to come out of my mouth
- For a renewed energy and passion of this material so I can commit the necessary time and effort toward preparation