Thursday, May 20, 2010

What? You Mean It's Not About Me?

I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.  -Isaiah 43:25
I love this verse.  It jumped out at me the other day when I was working my way through Isaiah.  I love it because it completely ruins my usual way of thinking.

I tend to believe that any blessing God gives me is for me, because He likes me and wants to do something nice for me.

I also tend to believe that any trial or challenge He sends my way is for me, to strengthen me and help me grow in my faith.

And I tend to believe that Jesus died on the cross for me, to make me clean and get me into heaven.

But actually...God does all these things for Himself.

Not for me.

Yes, He has forgiven my sins.  But He didn't do it for me or because of me.

He did it for Him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails