Friday, November 13, 2009

His Promises to You

If you are weary and cannot hear His voice, do not lose heart. My knowledge is greater than yours, and I will never be tired. Put your hope in Me, and you will find new strength. For as long as your eyes are on me you will not grow weary; you will soar like an eagle.

If you stand in the middle of the crossroads of life, unsure of the path to take, He holds out His hand and says, Don't be afraid, for I desire to give you the best, and I will fill you with hope for tomorrow.

If the path you walk is dark and you can't see what lies ahead, remember that He offers just enough light for the next step.  My words will light your way, even in the midst of darkness.  When you walk with Me, you will not fall; I will hold you up and show you the way.

If each month you wonder how the bills will be paid or when you will have food, He says to you, Do not worry, for I will take care of your needs.  You may not have abundant wealth, but you will not go hungry, nor be without clothes.  I care even about the little sparrow in the sky - how much more do I care about you!

If you gave into sin and are now feeling the burden of your choices, do not turn from Him, for He has not given up on you.  He begs you, Come here, My dear child.  I long to hold you in My arms and trade your burden for Mine.  Find rest in Me.

If the doctor's words cut straight through your being, and your life now revolves around the illness, hold onto Jesus' words:  It is not for the healthy and the righteous that I came, but for the sick, the wounded, and the sinner.  It is you who are broken whom I have come to redeem as My own.

If the phone call carrying the message of death tells you your friend and loved one will no longer be by your side, He speaks to your soul, The pain of suffering and loss is great, but do not lose hope.  If you are My child, you will live with Me.  In that day, I promise you will never again feel the searing pain of loss or shed another tear of sorrow.

Each morning you rise to a new dawn, and regardless of the events of yesterday, He whispers gently to your soul, Arise, My child, today is a new day.  Hold My hand and walk with Me, for My love will hold you up and My mercy is endless.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Good thoughts for today. You echoed a promise that's been dear to me for a while when you wrote about God guiding our steps. I had seen a plague that read "You may not know all the details of your journey or clearly see where the trail is leading - but God will always give you enough light to take the next step!" It was written beside a lighthouse (which I now collect as reminders). My counselor and I were talking about how - just like the lighthouse keeper - God doesn't shine the light far ahead of us where we will travel in the future but instead the light shines RIGHT ON OUR PATH and shows us precisely where to place our next step. If we keep our eyes on Him and focus on His light instead of the obstacles around us, He will guide us through the rocky parts of our lives and bring us into calmer waters. Thanks for sharing...I like your style.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails