Monday, April 12, 2010

Worst Blanket I've Ever Crocheted Up for Auction

This is the worst blanket I've ever crocheted:


Actually, it's only the second blanket I've ever crocheted.

But it's still the worst.  As you can see, it took me until the last ten or fifteen rows before I finally figured out what I was doing.  Up to that point, I couldn't count well enough to keep the same number of stitches in each row.

I started this little guy with the intent of giving it away to someone in need of a blanket, to meet both a physical and spiritual need.  And it's not that someone couldn't still benefit from it...but I think there's also something to be said for sharing quality items.  Honestly, if I were to hand this blanket to someone in need, I would feel ashamed, and I would be afraid of sending the message that they weren't important enough to receive a quality piece of work.

Not to say there wasn't a lot of time and effort put into this blanket, because there sure was.  I started the thing back in October, and I spent many hours crocheting on it while I weekly interceded for others in prayer.

But all is not lost.  I have a Plan B that I just created, which is as follows:

Poor little blanket is now up for auction among my blog readers.  This is how it's going to work...
  • Place your bid in the comment box.  Bidding will remain open for two weeks and close at midnight on April 23rd.  Highest bidder wins.
  • Winner will NOT send me any money!  Instead, winner will commit to using that money in ONE of the following ways:
  • Winner and I will communicate via email so I can arrange to ship poor little blanket to him/her (I will pay for shipping)
  • Blanket is then property of winner to do with as he/she pleases
 Here is a close-up of the blanket so you can see the details a little better.



Dimensions:  62" long x 36"-46" wide (depending which end is measured)

Happy bidding!

(P.S.  When I was praying and crocheting, I also prayed for the recipient of the blanket, that God would prepare their hearts to know Him more and that they would grow in Him.  Also that He would meet their needs and make Himself known in their life.)

(P.P.S.  Blanket is gently used by Gracie and may arrive with some cat hairs attached, but I will do my best to lint-roll them out.)

4 comments:

Angie Regier said...

You are awesome, Eliza! This is a great idea and although I don't have huge amounts of money available to me to bid, I will start the bidding (if I'm the first, if not, then ignore that statement) at $5.

Allison H. said...

You are too funny Elizabeth! I think your blanket is adorable. I would love to bid $20. By the way, my mom and I are still working on some quilting projects that were inspired by you. I am finishing up a quilt that she had started and she is working on one that we plan to give to a local homeless shelter!

Mom, Matt, Janna said...

We'll bid $100

Anonymous said...

I love it, I absoluetly love it. I will not take the beautiful blanket away from your mom :), but I will give you a $30 check tomorrow (remind me if I forget) for you to donate to the charity of your choice - just for your effort!
Pam

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails