Friday, February 19, 2010

Apparently It's Time for a Change

Here we go again.

Totally did not see it coming this time.

Usually, I can at least tell when major life changes are coming my way.

But not this time.

I got a call from my landlord over the weekend.  He wanted to let me know that they had put the house up for sale.  He talked through the process and his expectations for selling it (sometime between the end of March and October).  Oh, and the realtor is coming tomorrow to take pictures, is that ok?

I wasn't really sure what to think after we hung up.  Mostly I just chuckled to myself and wondered what God is up to now.

Maybe this would be a good time to worry, wonder where I'm going to live next, start looking for houses to rent or even buy...

But I just shrug my shoulders and say, "Eh, whatever."  God has taken me around the block often enough that I know He's going to come through for me.

Again.

And again.

I have no idea what's in store.  Maybe just a simple move across town.

Maybe this is His way of telling me it's time to move on altogether...across the country...or maybe even farther.

Right now, I don't know what the answer is.  But I'm not concerned.  He'll show me.

At just the right time, He'll tell me what to do.

I'm ok moving, packing, unpacking, resettling.  This has been my house...but never really my home.  Not completely.  And I pray I will never be able to say that about any place I ever live.  I never want to feel so content that I feel completely at home here on earth.

I am an alien and a stranger.  I want to keep it that way.  If I ever become too comfortable here on earth, then I have misplaced my heart's Desire, the One I was created for.

My home is heaven.

3 comments:

Lyla Lindquist said...

Good perspective.

And that other Landlord? He doesn't have any For Sale signs.

DeMo said...

Great persepective.

Oh ha. I just read Lyla's posted the same thing. I'm going to leave it. :)

Since we're blog besties now, it only seems right that God sends you back to KS so that we can be real life besties. But if not, I'm still excited to see what He's up to.

Julie said...

What a great way to embrace this change! Thank you for the reminder that is much needed!

Julie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails