Monday, June 7, 2010

Love146: Tread on Trafficking

This is a repost from a few weeks ago.  Tread on Trafficking is still going strong through the end of this month, and I am still logging my miles!  Please consider making a donation to this cause.  There is a link to the Love146 website and my personal page toward the end of this post.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This is a battle that is bigger than I am.

In fact, it's a battle so large that I can't see how it will ever be won.

But, as Jennifer likes to say, things happen like this:  one + one + one + one.  And while this is a battle that may never be won in this lifetime, I believe from my toes that to rescue even one life will impact all of eternity.

Last month I wrote about RestoreNYC, an organization in New York City who is working hard to rescue and restore women caught in the grip of human trafficking and sexual expoitation.  (To read more about them and some facts about human trafficking, click here.)

This weekend, I stumbled across Jenni's efforts to fight human trafficking, and I have decided to join her.  Love146 is another organization that is working tirelessly to rescue children from modern-day slavery. 



They are currently hosting Tread on Trafficking through the months of May and June to help raise support for their efforts.  As a participant, I will be keeping track of all the miles I run and walk while raising money and awareness to help Love146 fight to free children from human trafficking.  If you'd like to donate, visit my site.  Or, if you'd also like to participate, you can register here.

I've added a mile tracker to the sidebar of my blog page so you can see the miles I log over the next several weeks.



One + one + one + one...

1 comment:

jenni said...

Great post, Elizabeth! I'm so glad that you're joining in on this, too. Once I was made aware of the situation, I had to do something.

I agree - The battle seems so big and unending that it's discouraging. But as you said, we have to remember that one by one these children can experience a better life.

I really like the mile tracker. Great idea! I'm going to have to look into that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails