Monday, June 28, 2010

Visible Faith

My faith and emotions collided yesterday.

Lately, I feel these things:  lonely, unhappy, discontent, empty, indifferent, unwanted.  I simply exist, one day at a time, hoping only to make it to the weekend to have a break from five days of doing things I don't enjoy.

My faith says this:  God is in control.  He has a purpose, a plan, and not to harm me.  He has a hope and a future for me, and He has a reason for bringing me to this place.  There is meaning to what I do each day, even the mundane and disgusting chores no one else notices, because these things - when performed with a heart of service - bring Him pleasure.  He will never leave me nor forsake me, and the things He is doing in my life are painting a picture more grand than I can fathom.

As these two collided head-on, I realized I own the title of  "hypocrite".

If that is my faith...why don't I live like it?

They still battle it out, these emotions and this faith.  But for the moment, I think my faith is winning.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I wish I had the right words. But they all sound hollow...

I want you to know this: I care. And I send my love and prayers. Glad to hear that your faith is winning. Step by step, my friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails