Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where I Am, He Meets Me

And yet...

Maybe my problem isn't with too many things going on.  Maybe it's not enough God.

Maybe I spend so much time trying to cram everything in...and then trying to recouperate...that I push God to the side with intentions of finding Him later.  When I'm ready.  When I can fit Him in.

I went to my worship night tonight.  I had nothing prepared.  That's really not all that unusual these days...but tonight I had a lack of enthusiasm and direction to accompany my nothing.  Thankfully, no one else showed up.  Just me and Him.

I really needed that tonight.  Prayed for it even.  It was pretty pathetic, all three songs I picked out on the spot.  But He is faithful, and drew me into prayer, where He met me.  "This poor man called, and the LORD heard him... (Ps 34:6)."  He heard my cries, and He came.  He gave me rest for my soul.

I'm still tired.  Weary.  I still can't say I love my job or have more energy to face tomorrow.

But deep inside, way down where only He can reach, He gave me rest.

And for now, that is enough.

2 comments:

julie said...

I hear you, sister. I know where your at and I pray that He draws you closer and closer to His side in the upcoming days and weeks.

Hugs,
Julie

Lyla Lindquist said...

You know what?

I love you.

And I'm sorry I didn't make it tonight. Aside of the fact that I couldn't see my way there, I thought it was already Wednesday. I missed out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails