Sunday, May 24, 2009

Getting Started

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you've stopped by at least long enough to read this far. I've tried to find the best way to let you get to know me, as knowing a person creates a deeper understanding of their writing. My conclusion is that most of who I am will have to come out through posts over time. But to get you started, here's a few basics about myself:

Name: Elizabeth
Gender: F
Age: 26
Occupation: Physical Therapist
Other: I have a cat. I like to wear flip flops.

God has given each of us many gifts. I have found that I happen to be a not terrible writer. But it's not a gift that is at the forefront of my ministry. At least not currently. Every once in a while I get a hankerin' to throw some words down on paper. I know this is not from me because what comes out of my fingertips is way too good to be anything that I could come up with. A few years ago I started writing some things down whenever inspiration struck. Forgot about them for a while. When I read through them a couple of years later, I not only couldn't remember doing any of it, I also couldn't believe that I was the one who had written such things. I say all that not to lift myself up and tell you how great I am, but to say that anything you read on here that inspires and encourages you is not from me. Rather, for whatever reason, God has chosen to speak words to your heart via my fingertips. And that is what I hope will happen. "Going public" with my writing is a little scary, because it means vulnerability and transparancy on my part. A lot of my heart is exposed through my words, even if the reader never recognizes it.

Feel free to participate in this with me. Leave comments and feedback, or contribute your own thoughts for discussion. Suggestions are also welcome at any time. I don't have an agenda or ultimate goal in starting a blog. I kinda just want to see what happens by putting it out there for all to see...

4 comments:

mamabo said...

No way, am I the very first person to leave a comment? Gotta love that!! Your mission is inspiring and I really like the title of your blog and the funky page decoration. I'll be back . . .

Anonymous said...

God will use you in this avenue of your life too! Great to see you get this ministry started. Will be praying for you. You seem like family already.

none said...

mind if i link to your blog?

Elizabeth said...

K & L - Thanks for the comments!

Doc - please do! Thanks for dropping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails