Sunday, March 9, 2014

Tonight at Bible study we talked about the different ways we run from and avoid God.  I posed a question I have asked myself many times:  If I want to know Him better, which means being in the Word and in prayer, then why don't I do it?

Sometimes we are afraid of what He might ask us to do, so it's easier to avoid the silence and keep our hands over our ears.  Other times it's easier to feed our flesh with entertainment, busyness, and sleep rather than making the harder choice to feed our souls.  And sometimes we become so far removed from Him we don't even recognize our need.

I've been convicted of this for several months now, and our discussion tonight made me realize it's time to finally do something about it.  I want to grow and know Him more. I want to hear and recognize His voice, to receive knowledge and insight into His Word.  I want Him to be my everything.  I know He's waiting for me.  Now it's up to me to do my part and meet Him there.  So tonight I'm going to set my alarm clock a little extra early to do just that.  Mornings are rough for me.  In fact, waking up is usually the worst part of my day.  But...it's time.  I want everything He has for me, and He's been asking me to do this for a while.  I'll do my part, and I'll trust Him to provide the rest.

"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When can I go and meet with God?"  -Psalm 42:2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails