Friday, July 3, 2009

Beautiful

One night I'm standing in front of the bathroom mirror, getting ready for bed. Suddenly, I notice that my eyebrows need some attention.

"Eh," I think to myself, "I don't want to. Maybe in the morning. No one would be able to notice anyway."

But it's important to keep yourself beautiful.

"There aren't any guys around here to keep myself beautiful for. Besides, I've been laying around all weekend sweats and may do it again tomorrow. That's not beautiful."

The bride always makes herself beautiful for her groom.

You are my bride.

I value your beauty.

1 comment:

DeMo said...

Oy. Good reminder. I had a related thought in the shower this morning. I was frustrated with how my legs look, and got this gentle reminder that there is a guy out there who will think that all of my flaws are beautiful. The things that I don't like are the things that he might possibly love the most. And that is encouraging.

I think I need to go spend some time with my eyebrows now...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails