Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Primary Colors

I remember as a gradeschooler learning about colors. My art teacher asked a classmate as he peered into his box of crayons, "Which of these colors look like they aren't made by mixing any other colors together?" I already knew the primary colors and therefore the answer. But I still remember wondering who in the world would be able to answer a question like that without already knowing the answer.

I was thinking about these three primary colors again - red, blue, and yellow - and wondered if there were any other colors that exist that can't be created by mixing others together. Of course there aren't, because art gurus from centuries past would have named them by now. But I still tried to come up with some anyway.

Then I wondered why God didn't create more than three primary colors, because He sure could. He could make colors no one has yet seen if He wanted. But He didn't. He gave us only three.

Maybe they represent God Himself. Red, blue, and yellow are like the Trinity - Father, Son, and Spirit. And through these Three, all other things are made.

1 comment:

DeMo said...

Wow. That's pretty much all I have to say. I love your last sentence.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails