Wednesday, January 13, 2010

He Wants

"Does Jesus want me?"

Her eyes searched mine, etched with the pain and confusion that comes only from a bleeding soul.

"Yes, He wants you," I replied. I paused for a brief moment. "He likes you."

She shook her head, but her eyes never left mine. "He loves me, but He doesn't have to like me."

The only thing I wanted in that moment was to reach deep down inside her heart and take away all the years of lies and confusion and brokenness so she could know how much Jesus truly wants her.

I answered her questions with full belief that what I told her is true. I have no doubt in my mind that He wants her.

Yet as I voiced my replies, something inside me was dragging its feet.

Because these doubts she has are the same ones I carry. How can I convince her how much He wants her when I haven't yet taken hold of that truth for myself?

But He gives us more grace...

Grace. Unmerited favor. Receiving what we did nothing to earn.

Nothing I can ever do in or with my life will ever provide any iota of repayment for the eternal grace that He has lavished on me.

Or her.

Or you.

The Spirit He caused to live in us envies intensely...

Not only is there grace in His wide arms, but He also wants us.

Not just want, as in I want a pizza tonight.

Want as in a deep, soulful desire.

He is jealous for us. When we look to anything besides Him to satisfy, He envies instensely.

The Creator of the Universe agonizes in His desire for us when we are away from Him.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



Italicized verses taken from James 4.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails