Thursday, June 25, 2009

Who Do I Work For?

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.... Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men... It is the Lord Christ you are serving. -Colossians 3:17, 23-24

Last week I had to drag myself through each day of work.

Then I was reminded of these verses. And this week, my perspective has changed.

Does that mean I love my job now? I like it as well now as I did before. Do I enjoy getting out of bed early each morning? Definitely not. I still call on God in the morning for my daily portion of strength to get through each hour until I clock out.

But this week I'm not driving to work just because I have no other choice or because I have to earn a paycheck.

It would be easy to leave out a few exercises and send my patient home five minutes early. I could cut some corners and put off my paperwork for another day. It would save time to fill in only the information I need to on the evaluation form.

But is that the work I want to turn in to the Lord at the end of the day?

There are souls at stake. Dozens of people pass through my life each week. Do they see Jesus in me?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails