Monday, June 1, 2009

All About Me

My cat does this weird huffy thing at me whenever she gets annoyed. I’ve never seen a cat do anything like it before, and I have no idea where she got it from since she was raised by humans.

She’s been banished to the basement during the night and whenever I’m gone, because she’s built a reputation for herself of doing naughty things when no one is watching. So every night before I go to bed I herd her downstairs and shut the door. And every night this provokes her to huff at me. Take a look (if you turn your volume up enough you can hear her):



One time I was going down to the basement to put some stuff away, and she was already down there. Must have thought I was putting her to bed, because she started huffing away. So I said to her, “It’s not all about you like you think.” The thought continued in my head, “Your life is all about me. That’s why I have you.”

Hmm.

I could so hear God saying this to me. “You know, life isn’t all about you like you think. You react to everything in a way that centers around your desires. But really, your life is all about me. That’s why I created you. That’s why I gave you life. For me.”

Time to stop huffing.

1 comment:

DeMo said...

Leave it to God to teach you something through Gracie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails