Friday, June 19, 2009

Fog

This morning the fog surrounds me on my journey.

Yesterday was sunny. Bright. Warm. Things made sense. I could see everything around me. I could see the bigger picture.

It was beautiful.

Now I can't make sense of where I'm going. What I could see and grasp yesterday is hidden today.

I still know what lies ahead. The landscape hasn't changed. Everything is still in its place.

But today I can't see it.

It's not warm and sunny anymore, or beautiful and bright. It's cold and dark.

And now it's raining.

I can't see the bigger picture anymore. I can't even see what's in front of me.

I can't feel the warmth of the Son.

But He's there. Behind the fog that clouds my soul.

I embrace the beautiful sunny days. I want to embrace the cloudy ones too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails